It is an architectural design pattern that separates an application into three main components
2. View and
Model can generally be called as a logic layer cum data access layer that can contain the business logic or data
Access logic. It encapsulates the logic for the application domain.
Views can be called as Presentation layer that displays the application data in the browser.
Controllers are the place where the user interactions are handled. Controller is responsible to receive the request, process the response by sending to the Model and give the response to the View again. So in MVC, the View is only responsible to display the information. Controller is responsible for receiving request, processing it using Model and sending it back to View and Model is responsible to apply logic, connect to the database and retrieve data.
Architecture diagram of mobile app.
Why We used ASP.NET MVC?
The benefit of ASP.MVC is that it helps to isolate the application to achieve maintainability, testability and cleaner separation of concerns.
- All layers are loosely coupled.
- UI belongs to the View
- Input logic belongs to the Controller and
- Business logic and data manipulations belong to the Model
- The separation of layers helps in parallel development as a developer can focus on only one part of the application at a time. For example, a member of team can entirely work on a single model without worrying about its View; another team member can focus on just the Controller part and so on.
- The separation of layers helps in easily managing the complexity of the application as all layers are decoupled; apart from this it also helps to test the individual component separately so suitable for Test Driver Development.
- It doesn’t use View state and server based forms so no view state!
- Suitable for large team size as team members can work independently.
We used the ASP.NET SignalR
ASP.NET SignalR is a new library for ASP.NET developers to add real-time web functionality to their applications. Real-time web functionality is the ability to have server-side code push content to the connected clients. It is basically used for notification for each user.
Kendo UI to support vast majority of browsers and browser versions. Kendo UI is officially supported on:
- IE 7.0 +
- Firefox 10.0+
- Chrome all versions
- Opera 10.0+
- Safari 4.0+
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database server, it is a software product with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications which may run either on the same computer or on another computer across a network (including the Internet).